How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

7w4d

Sorry for the delay in blogs....it's been an emotional week. (I know I should probably be getting used to that by now, but I can't.)

On Monday morning I woke up with a good bit of brown bleeding. We had our specialists' appointment changed from Friday to that afternoon - nothing was going to give me peace of mind until I could SEE that Sprout was okay.

Long story short, I have a subchorionic bleed - meaning, part of the placenta is pulling off from its attachment to the uterus. It has a 50% chance of fixing itself and according to the doctor we saw (not our usual or the one we wanted...this one had the personality of a cardboard box), there is nothing I can do to change it. We disagreed on that - Jay and I both feel that there HAS to be a huge difference in taking it easy on bedrest for a few days versus working and lifting and being on my feet all day. Right now we feel that bedrest for awhile is the best possible chance we can give Sprout to re-attach. It may or may not work but I would never forgive myself if we didn't give him the best chance we could.

On more positive notes, we got to see and hear Sprout's heartbeat - 145bpm! Hard to tell this early, as the heartbeat can get faster by the next appointment, but right now this suggests a boy! Jay is super excited about that, but he's been swearing since day one that this was a boy. (Wishful thinking.) We don't go back to the dr until April 25th...I'll be 12w2d.

So now the prayer request is - we do NOT see the dr until then. I'm having a hard time seeing the glass as half full, though I'm really trying hard. I was feeling great about it until the doctor-with-the-awful-bedside-manner came in and burst my bubble. He was so negative about everything, but I'm not letting him steal my joy anymore. We KNOW that our God is bigger than any problem and He alone can heal Sprout and bring him through a healthy pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. God's blessings are granted to those who overcome and stand firm in their faith. I am standing firm, believing that I WILL be babysitting Sprout (o.k. I know he won't be called Sprout).

    ReplyDelete