How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Saturday, March 12, 2011

6w0d

Today marks the 6 week hurdle. Still a lot to go but each day is a blessing and we are falling more and more in love with the thought of finally being parents.

I've been taking it easy today - going through some craft items and reorganizing some boxes to get rid of things. I think I'm done with the diaper cakes and baby crafts for awhile - while I enjoy it, it just takes too much time and I had a really hard time selling what I had on hand. It takes up a lot of space.

I've felt pretty good today - all the juice I drank yesterday finally kicked in, if you get my drift. I haven't felt any cramping today, just a little soreness, maybe from muscles stretching or something. I was thinking about it earlier - the dr said in January that my uterus was the size of a 12 week pregnancy with the size of the fibroids, and now with a baby starting to grow in it, it's no wonder my jeans don't fit anymore. I can already tell that my stomach is not the same, though whether that's from the growing fibroids or the combination of both, I'm not sure. Tomorrow I'm going to get another pair of jeans that will fit a little better - right now I've been washing my favorite pair every night so I can wear them again.

I was SO tempted to make my first baby purchase at Walmart this morning while I was getting a few groceries, but I managed to control myself. It's far too early and a lot can still happen....gotta make myself wait. :) As Jay also said - why buy things when, if you just wait a few more months and have a shower, other people will gift it to you? (Okay, not exactly how he worded it, but we're gonna go with this version.)

I still find myself itching to make it truly public. We're going to wait until the first trimester is safely over before we tell any other people. My emotions started going a little haywire this morning - got a little overwhelmed...not necessarily with the responsibility that will be coming, but of the fact that we both want this so much and there's NOTHING we can do about it's outcome, one way or another. Just another way God pokes me in the shoulder to remind me to trust in His sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment