How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Friday, March 18, 2011

6w6d

Almost to 7 weeks!!

That's the good news for the day.

The bad news? I will be jobless in 2 weeks. Long story short, the doctor I babysit for got "fired" yesterday, or at least that's what she says. They have been wonderful to me the last 6 weeks and I love this job, but I'm starting to realize she's been more than a little dishonest with me about a few things. I knew going into this job that there was a slight possibility they might move back to Charleston sometime, but she promised me multiple times that she could give me three months notice if that were the case. She came home yesterday and said she could pay me for two weeks and then could only use me on a part-time basis.

Two weeks? In this job economy? Thanks a bunch. I've bent over backward for this family at times, put up with their falling-apart marriage and out of control older children (thank goodness I don't have to babysit them, just the baby) and this is the thanks I get?

She went on and on about how wrong it was for them to do this to her and all I could think of saying was, "You're doing the exact same thing to me!" There has to be more to it - you don't just up and fire a doctor without some kind of previous warning. She said it was because she's been leaving the office early and patients are being canceled, etc, but there's more to it. There has to be. Their marriage is pretty much over and that seemed to be out of the blue, too. Another long story.

So........now the question is, how in the world do I find another part-time job with one baby where I have the flexibility to not be on my feet all day long? I probably won't....I've started applying on Care.com and will hopefully be able to sub some at First Pres again, but truth is, I'm PISSED. We would never have agreed to this job if we knew she wasn't going to keep her word about the three months notice. We don't all make six figures a year; some of us need every dollar to make our bills.

Vent time over...all that being said, we know that God will provide. Maybe this is God's way of telling us that it would be best for me to keep my feet up for a few weeks, since the bleeding issue this week caused so much fear and worry. God will provide for the financial needs we'll have...we have only to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment