More than halfway through the first trimester.....today that sounds like excellent news to me. It has been a day of laying around and doing nothing - the queasiness has been underlying since yesterday afternoon and I just don't feel like doing anything.
I did go out to Hobby Lobby for a few minutes this morning to pick up some decorative wooden dowels for the nursery decor. I painted them white this afternoon and we're going to put them up on Monday - I'll post pictures.
All day we've been trying to find someone to take my ticket for the Bristol race tomorrow and it amazes me how many people have turned it down. Some for good reason, some just need to suck it up and be honest with themselves. Long story. So as it stands right now, he is going alone. I hate that for him, but he has been looking so forward to going that I'd rather him go by himself than not at all. We briefly debated my going anyway, but in the end, it's just not worth the risks, and if something happened because of it, we would never forgive ourselves.
I'm going to call MFM on Monday and reschedule our ultrasound for a day this week when Dr. Chapman is there. Originally, we scheduled for Friday afternoon so I wouldn't have to miss any work, but since she's going to be home all the time now, I don't feel a lot of loyalty in asking to leave early. We would much rather get the chance to see Dr. Chapman, who did our last ultrasound and knows the whole story and history now, than have to fill in someone else and start all over. We're praying hard to see a growing baby and a normal heartbeat on that screen. I will feel a lot better knowing that things are progressing as they should. Two weeks is a long time to wait between ultrasounds, especially after the scare this week. (I know most people only get 2-3 ultrasounds in their entire pregnancy, but our situation is different.)
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment