How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 29 at MAC

I know, I know - it's been over a week since I blogged. Things were really rough toward the end of the last week and we were taking steps backward and I just wasn't in a good position to write anything nice.....so I did as my Grandma used to say and I shut up.

This week has been fairly good for Ruthie. She is still eating ground texture and has been able to move up from a 2-pea size spoonful to a level (full but not rounded) spoonful. She does well with most of her foods, but bread (seriously, it's like bread crumbs out of a container - who eats that with a spoon?) and peas (the hulls....ick) are giving her trouble. 

Her team had the discharge meeting this week and we are scheduled to be finished with the program on the 13th. We will have to come back once a month for the next two years to make sure she stays on track. Her current therapists (in SC) didn't come down to watch the program so we're going to have to take videos back for them to watch to know how to help her progress. I was hoping she would go home eating at least chopped texture but I'm pretty sure we will still be on ground foods - hopefully at a rounded-level spoon. She still eats purees here at RMDH and we can get a lot in her quickly that way, so that's probably what she'll do at preschool, just for the ease of someone else trying to feed her.

We leave for home two weeks from tomorrow and I.can't.WAIT!!! There is so much going on there that I'm missing - hubby, the dogs, the familiarity of home.... Hopefully our home remodel will be finished by the time we get there - they are taking forever to get it done. I've already started piling up things for Mom to take back home this weekend (she leaves when Jay comes down) and I'm desperate to pack stuff up and GO. 

14 days til home.....

1 comment: