First things first - today I decided that I NEVER want to live in Atlanta. Up until today, I thought I could deal with it here, and we have friends that live here and it would be cool to live closer and visit more often......but a 2hr commute from BabiesRUs changed my mind forever. You can keep your horrible traffic and aggressive drivers. B&A - you guys can just visit us in Greer instead....k?
Now, on to feeding. Today was a great day - she got in almost 3oz of milk during the milk session and that's the most yet! She still fails the 1/8th oz probe but is up to 2.5ml consistently (and for those of you who may not know, 1/8th oz is only 3.3ml so she's practically there.) I think she just hears the words 1/8th oz and decides to let it all drain from her mouth. We'll get there though - last week she was only getting in 20-25ml at best during a milk session - today was in the 70s-80s.
Feeding sessions went great. I finished up parent training for self-feeding and was able to let her self-feed at RMDH tonight. I'll do the breakfast session in the morning and be finished, and it will be Meemer's turn. Daddy will be next.....hehehehe.
We have also been getting more and more flack from RMDH house managers about stupid things - like shoes being off when everyone else around does it and nothing is said to them, or the highchair being kept in the (ginormous) dining room, when just last week we were given permission to do so. And last week they had the balls to ask if we had a dog in our room (seriously? have you seen us taking a dog outside? heard a dog? seen one? do I look like I have time to keep up with a dog right now?) and said they saw a dog bowl in our room. Which tells me they have obviously been in our room when we are not here (unacceptable in my book) and are looking for rule-breaking items. The "dog bowl" they saw? Ruthie's humidifier.....sitting up high on a shelf....which clearly as an on/off switch and a large vent. Yeah, that looks like a dog bowl all right. When we questioned them about that, they asked if we were the family at MAC.....which again raises a question (and my blood pressure) as to what that has to do with having a potential dog bowl in our room. They are determined to ruffle our feathers in the hopes that we will leave and they can give our room to someone they deem more appropriate for it. They are not happy about the strings we pulled to get in here.
Guess what, ladies - WE'RE NOT LEAVING. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment