How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 16 at MAC

Totally forgot to blog Friday night, but it was so busy with Daddy here that I just didn't have time....and then forgot all about it.

The weekend went great! Ruthie got in a total of about 800grams each day in food and only had to have 6 total ounces per day of milk. The nutritionist gave us a "meal plan" of how many grams she had to have per meal to get to her daily target of calories and it was so nice to have it written out. The best part of the weekend?

We have PUT AWAY the feeding pump!! She has not used it since last Friday morning!! She also no longer needs to be hooked up to a feed when she goes to bed. It felt so strange just putting on a little Roo-pad and tucking her into bed....with no tubes. LOVE IT! For the 3oz she had to have Friday night, Saturday morning/night, and so on, I have hooked up a single extension, attached the open end of a 35cc syringe (yes, I realize this is gibberish if you don't have a child with a tube) and dumped in the 3oz and watched it drain down the extension into her belly. Then I washed out the syringe and put it away until the next (true) bolus. It has been AWESOME.

Today's therapy went well. She was in a much better frame of mind than last Friday, where everything was either thrown, slapped, or dumped from her tray.....just because she felt like it. (Sigh.) They started parent-training with me today on the self-feeding protocol and hopefully I'll finish tomorrow. Then Ruthie will be able to feed herself here at RMDH instead of my shoveling food into her. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment