I'm skipping days between blogs....unintentionally. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Friday was one of those days I just wanted to have over with - bedtime could not come soon enough, for so many reasons.
Today went pretty well. I had to do the breakfast session (which I am beginning to hate, by the way - being in the hotseat doing the same thing I've had to do 5-6 sessions a day all weekend long) just to make sure everyone else could see that it was being done correctly. I passed, minus the time I forgot to give her milk during the "5th bite" - I just kept feeding. Oh well.
Second session was teaching Ruthie how to give herself milk from her cup. She looked confused when the cup was put in front her, then reached for it and drank it. She spilled a little, looked amused, and promptly dumped her next cup (1/8th of an ounce, still - that's it) in her lap and laughed. The rest of the session - she drank her milk. :)
Third session was chopped food again - she is still struggling with this. It takes her forever and a day to chew it up and swallow it all - and several prompts. She only manages 10-12 grams during a 45 minute session, so as of tomorrow they are going back to ground texture to see if they can get her to swallow more quickly.
Fourth session was....again - you guessed it....me. Doing self-feeding and self-drinking. It went pretty well - I like self-feeding b/c she is able to get in so many more grams (151 as opposed to 12) and therefore less Elecare is needed.
Dinner tonight was eaten like a champ, with a few attitude adjustments thrown in for good measure. She's quickly learning that when she's told to do something (or not do something) she WILL obey. It's up to her as to how long she'll take to obey and what consequences she'll get before she obeys, but she WILL obey. And she always does in the end - she's just testing her boundaries. I know this whole journey must be so confusing for her. She hasn't seen her house or her own bed or familiar toys in over a month, and there are still 4 more weeks (actually, 25 days, yay!) before we are finished here. I can only imagine what she thinks....does she even remember home? Her toys? Her play kitchen? The dogs? I know how much I miss everything familiar.....I can't wait to go home.
25 days to go....


No comments:
Post a Comment