This weekend I felt a lot of pressure when on my feet too long, and two episodes of what I can only refer to as stabbing/sharp pain that scared the daylights out of me. While it subsided after sitting down, we decided it would be best to get it checked out, just in case. I do have an appointment with MMOB on the 7th, but past experience has taught us so well how quickly things can change.
So I had a walk-in appointment this morning (actually, had a call-in the minute they opened but that's another story) and waited about two hours to be seen. An ultrasound showed the cervix is totally fine but I do have a low-lying placenta, likely the cause for the pain and pressure. As well as the ever-growing fibroids. She wasn't able to give me a size on them today b/c she was so busy making sure everything else was okay, but they did look bigger. The baby looked GREAT - heart rate of 147 - and again, hated the doppler.
The OB wasn't too concerned about the placenta at this point, since there is still a lot of growing and changing that will be happening. In theory, the placenta should move up as the uterus grows. However, she has limited my lifting and work-load. I am no longer to lift anything over 5-10lbs max, and to take it easy as much as is possible for awhile. Any pressure/pain, sit down immediately.
So.......I gave notice at my job, effective immediately. I hated to do that without any notice, but I really had no choice. It's not the type of job that I can just sit down all day and take it easy. I felt badly, but at the same time, a little relieved that I'm not "pushing" it anymore as I know I have been over the last couple of weeks, especially. I enjoyed the job and hopefully we'll be able to visit off and on.
Here's to a much cleaner house over the next few months, hopefully. Hubby will appreciate that. ;) We see MMOB next week at 15 weeks and will hopefully be able to get the BIG PEEK!
Here's a pic of the Peanut from today's visit! He/she has gotten SO much bigger in just 3 weeks! You can really see how the placenta is low-lying (think upside-down from the pic) and covering the entire bottom portion of the uterus. Please pray it moves upward as the uterus grows.



No comments:
Post a Comment