How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

14w6d

Today was a big day! Every two weeks I alternate between the regular OB and high-risk OB, and today was the high-risk. I usually look "forward" to these because their ultrasound equipment is so much nicer and more advanced. Think 3D/4D views of your growing baby every couple of weeks - I am so, so grateful for good insurance that does not have a limit on the number of ultrasounds we can have. 

Anyway, I was very anxious for this appointment today for a few reasons. Last Monday, the regular OB scan showed placenta previa, and it looked to be complete (covers cervix entirely.) We also knew there were three fibroids in play and we were going to be measuring them again to monitor their growth. Then, of course, there was the big question of would we be able to find out the gender of this sweet baby yet.....I was a bundle of nerves! Jay is so calm and collected.....I am not.

Our appointment was originally written as just a medical consult, meaning we were only meeting with the OB and nothing else. This was the first appointment with the actual OB there; before, we had been seeing the RE. We went through my pregnancy history with Ruthie, and let's face it, that took awhile. The nurse originally had our paperwork down as a previous 24-week loss. We quickly assured her that was not the case - our 24-weeker is alive and well and perfect. So after we talked about the issues we were facing with this pregnancy, the OB decided to go ahead with an ultrasound. (Yay!)

Long story shorter, all looked well - no issues with cervical length, the placenta previa has already started to move toward a marginal previa (4mm), and baby looked great. Only issue......fibroids. Apparently I grow them like dandelions. There are now five on the bottom and one on the top. All the more reason to definitively say I am NEVER doing this again. They can tie my tubes, remove my uterus, donate it to science, throw it away, I don't care. I will not be using it again and it's been nothing but trouble for years. ;) Three are still small and two are 4-5cm. That's not terribly big, especially considering the ones I had with Ruthie were 10-14cm each. The placenta is possible resting on two of them, but the blood flow in the vessels looked good. 

THEN we got to the fun part - checking out baby! All went well there and the tech asked if we wanted to know the gender. (Duh, of course!) She got a GREAT potty shot and since it's the only picture we walked out with, I can't show it to you yet - sorry. :( Baby looked great - heart rate was 148 and he/she is measuring 3 days ahead. 

Before you start throwing things at me, when we scheduled the gender-reveal party for our family, we had no idea we'd be finding out the gender so soon. However, invitations are out and it's on the calendar for Memorial weekend, so.....FB world has to wait until then. It just gives you more time to get excited. ;) We are STOKED! And no, we have not told Ruthie because, let's be honest - she's 3 and her favorite activity is talking.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for this appointment - it was a lot to go over and I feel so much better about it all. I see regular OB next week and then high-risk again in two weeks so we are feeling very taken-care of for this little one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment