Three weeks since the last update - not much change, thankfully. We went back to high-risk OB today for another ultrasound to check cervical length, and of course, look at sweet baby Miller. :) We got my favorite ultrasound tech who did the majority of Ruthie's ultrasounds and my HSG testing last December - I just love her. At the end of the visit, we were pleasantly surprised to get to see Dr. Chapman. She was about the only one that gave us any hope in early pregnancy with Ruthie - it's been four years and I will never forget her positive attitude and encouraging words. When most were telling us to just go home and accept the outcome, she was so positive and I've never forgotten that. We got to thank her for that today. She spent a few minutes talking to Ruthie and asking her about being a big sister, and she looked back at us and said, "You know, I don't get to see many 24-weekers in here. She's a miracle." And oh, how we know. <3 font="">3>
Anyway, the ultrasound went great. Length is over 5cm - phenomenal! Baby looked great - heartrate was 143. It's amazing how much they grow in just a few weeks' time. We scheduled the big anatomy scan in a couple more weeks and I can hardly believe we're halfway there. We joke that if this were like Ruthie, we're practically at the finish line, but in case we haven't made it clear, we're going ALL THE WAY this time. ;) No more micropreemies. We took Ruthie with us and kept pointing out her sibling on the screen, but she was far more interested in Peppa Pig on her Ipad. Classic Ruthie. :)
I started 17p shots last week at the regular OB, and will be getting one every Thursday from here on out. After so many horror stories of how painful they were and the after-effects even worse, I was really nervous. It was a piece of cake - I never even felt it go in and haven't had any pain from the shot-site since. We're praying it stays that way for the next 20 weeks.....that's a lot of needle-pricks, but well worth it to stay out of the NICU.
Here's today's pic of baby Miller!



:-) :-) :-) <3
ReplyDeleteYay!
ReplyDelete