I kept meaning to update after anatomy scan, but.....life gets busy, you know?
We had the "big" anatomy scan for baby Miller on Monday, May 18th. Since we already knew the gender, it wasn't as exciting as it usually is. It's always fun to see the baby though. :) In case you missed the big gender reveal video (you can view it on my FB page), here is what you missed:
The scan went well, though he was thoroughly pissed off by the time they were done. While Ruthie always shied away from the dopper, little Levi thrashed around like somebody was taking his lunch money from him - he was PISSED. Then when the (very inexperienced) tech went to get someone with experience, he curled up into a tight ball and refused to be drawn out. With all that fighting, they weren't to view his heart the way they wanted to. Everything else looked great and we'll go back on the 29th for another look at his heart. Hopefully he'll be more cooperative. With as busy as he is during the day, somehow I doubt it. He's got some spunk....definitely his sister's little brother. ;) He weighed a whopping 13 ounces at 20w5d, so I'm hopeful he'll weigh more than Ruthie did when we pass that point. Each ounce is so, so critical, as we've learned with our experiences.
Things have been going well. I'm still taking the 17p shots every week. I experienced my first ever Braxton Hicks contractions over the weekend and they scared the crap out of me. Even though I knew what they were, they were not wanted and quickly went away. We've been working on getting the house fixed up and I think I just overdid a few things.
So in case you missed that subtle hint, this little fella's name will be Levi. It's a derivative of Lavina, which is Jay's grandmother's name. She is battling a terminal cancer and it is extra special to be able to name him after her. We're both grateful we got to tell her in person a few weeks ago when we visited Indiana.
At our next regular OB visit, we'll be scheduling the planned csection. There's been a lot of talk about 37 weeks, since they do not want me to go into labor at all (due to the myomectomy I had a couple of summers ago.) So we're probably looking at sometime between September 9-14 for a csection. Prayerfully we make it that long - so far, so good.
Ruthie is SO excited to be a big sister, and asks every day if Levi is coming that day. (No!) She talks to him and pats my belly, then promises (as she's jumping on the couch or my bed like a trampoline) that she won't jump on me and hurt "baby Wevi."
:)



No comments:
Post a Comment