How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Sunday, March 8, 2015

10w4d

This week I had a couple of days where I felt GREAT. At first I was worried, because the nausea with Ruthie didn't subside until 14 weeks, so of course, I thought something was wrong. I took some friends' advice and enjoyed it, and it was nice not having to heave in the bathroom every time I even looked at food. Then.....it came back.....with a vengeance. Today I am 10w4d and I'm hoping this nausea will head on out in a couple of weeks. I'm still taking Progesterone at night and that makes it a lot worse. 

I have my first "regular OB" appointment on Tuesday morning. Up until now, we've been seen by high-risk and I was not expecting to be transferred back so quickly, if at all. High-risk had assured us they would be following me every two weeks to make sure there was no funneling or fibroid-growth (because there is another one this time, though a lot smaller than the ones I had with Ruthie.) While I'm happy to be considered able to be seen just by the regular OB, I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of going weeks, if not months, between scans. Things with Ruthie happened so fast and without regular monitoring, it could have been very, very bad. Since I've had a pretty decent surgery on my uterus since Ruthie's birth, and the fact that things went downhill with her birth so quickly, I would feel a lot better being seen more often, and I plan to bring that up on Tuesday, with a myriad of other questions.

This baby will be born via csection, which I knew ahead of time before we were even expecting. Since the myomectomy (fibroid removal), there are too many cuts to the uterus to risk having it contract. I'm okay with that - at least at this point, I'm not worried about a csection at all. I really don't care where it comes from, as long as its a term birth. I'll do anything to stay out of the NICU. Anything. So bring on your horror stories (because some people insist on telling me theirs.) :)

Ruthie is so excited about becoming a big sister. We're in the middle of converting our guest room into her big-girl room - hopefully this weekend we'll have the furniture in there. (Who'd like to come help us move heavy things? Anyone? Bueller?) It's already painted a pretty lavender and has been her playroom for awhile, and now she's excited to sleep in it. So many things to do and.....I don't feel like doing any of them. :/

Ruthie has a cardiology appointment tomorrow. This is likely the big appointment that will tell us whether or not she has to have heart surgery within the next year. At every appointment, her PFO has still been open, and the cardiologist said it would need to be surgically closed by 4 years old or so, if it doesn't close on its own. So far it hasn't. She would have to go down to MUSC to have that done, but we're praying that it will completely closed at tomorrow's echocardiogram.

I've missed blogging - sometimes life just gets so busy I don't have time to do it, or by the end of the day I'm so tired that all I want to do is go to bed. I'll update after Tuesday's appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment