How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions 2013

Ahhh, the dreaded New Year resolutions....every year I make a few, and every year they last about three days before I've forgotten them or don't care enough to continue. I'd like this year to be different, and I need some accountability!

Here is what I have come up with so far:

Personally:


*make healthier choices to reach my goal weight (that amount will not be publicized, haha)
*shower/make-up/hair done DAILY to make more of an effort with my appearance. (Hubby will appreciate that. Sounds so easy but other mommies will attest that some days it's hard just to find time to get dressed.)
*be more available to friends and family (easier to do when we aren't in quarantine, but I tend to be a homebody who prefers to be left alone)
*I want to blog every day - even if it's just a picture of something we did that day. When I was pregnant, I said I was going to take a picture of the baby every day of their life for the first year. That obviously did not happen, as life has a way of taking over, but it's never too late to start. 


Professionally:
*send out business cards to further the knowledge of KangaRoo-tique
*add more housecleanings to my list


Family:
*start working with Ruthie on small-scale academics, specifically numbers, letters, colors, and shapes
*make a thoughtful home-cooked meal at least 5 nights a week (I say thoughtful because I often feel like I just throw together whatever looks edible in an attempt to have it "over with." I do love to cook but I am so tired by the end of the day that I don't feel like putting together something complicated while still trying to keep track of Ruthie and the trouble she's getting into.) :)


Around the house:
*finish the guest room - drywall, ceiling, paint, re-bordering, re-carpeting. (For those who don't know, we had a major leak in the walls for about two years before we discovered it, and pretty the entire room had to be torn down and we are slowly trying to get it put back together.)
*start on, if not finish, hall bathroom (needs new everything)


There may be more added later on, but for now, this should keep me super busy. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment