What an exciting day! Ruthie had a great cardiology appointment this morning and we don't have to go back for six months. She was so enthralled with Mickey Mouse (on YouTube) that she paid no attention to fact that an echocardiagram was being performed....on her. :)
She had OT right after her cardiology appointment. Each week she gains a little more motor planning and each week she makes more progress. I am very happy with this company and the progress she's making there.
I've been working on making some pillowcase dresses for her, and after two days of trials (and trashing those trials), I finally got it right. It still needs some tweaking, but here are some pictures of the two that I've made so far.
The biggest excitement of today was not the new dresses.....but the WORDS that Ruthie said tonight. Yes, WORDS!! As most of you know, Ruthie is "red-flagged" for speech apraxia, due to the fact that she has poor oral-motor planning and oral-motor skills. Part of that is because she was so early and part of it is because she doesn't eat, so her jaw never gets strengthened. Anyway, whenever you ask her to "say" something, it always comes out as "eh." No matter what the word - her version is "eh."
Tonight.....she said "light." Minus the "t," but I don't care. She always wants to turn off the light when we leave the bathroom after her bath at night, and I always narrate everything during the day, in hopes that she'll pick it up. And she did. I asked her if she wanted to turn off the light, and she stuck out her pointer finger for it and said "ligh!" I got her to repeat it several times - so exciting!
I caught her trying to turn the water back on in the tub tonight. Her new sign this week has been "water," and she has her own version of it but uses it consistently when she wants to play with the running water in the tub. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment