How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 5 of MAC

Two big items of the day:

1) 339 grams, baby!!!!
2) We are INTO the Ronald McDonald house as of tomorrow morning at 10am. I can't give the details as to what happened but I'll say it pays to know people in high places. :) I'm pretty sure the manager there hates me already, but I'm not here to make new friends, so she'll get over it. Probably twice as fast when she sees how cute our child is. :)

Today's sessions went REALLY well! Yesterday there were a few instances of "packing" - where she held her bite in her mouth and wouldn't swallow it in the time-frame they give her, but only with two particular foods that tended to be a little more chunky than the others. Today they mushed it up with a bit more milk and she had zero instances of packing! She accepted and swallowed every single bite during all four sessions and ate a whopping 339 grams!

Jay and I were talking at dinner tonight (while Ruthie shoved french fry pieces in her mouth, chewed them up, swallowed them, and asked for water) and he feels strongly that she will eating appropriate foods by the time our 8 weeks are up. We have only just finished week one and she is already this far. What a rockstar. :)

1 comment: