How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ruthie's 12 month stats and how Mommy feels about it


Ruthie's stats:

Chronological Age: a mere 32 hours away from being 1 year old!!
Adjusted Age:  8 months 1 week, 5 days
Weight:  15 lbs 3.5oz
Height:  26. 1/4 inches
Head circumference: 17 inches
Diapers:  still size 2, I foresee another couple of months in those, probably
Onesies & Dresses: 6 months if it's a dress or pants/shorts, 6-9 if it's an outfit or shirt
Sleep'N'Plays (what we use for pjs):  9 months and a couple of 12 months (for length)
Shoes:  I have no idea since she has yet to wear a pair of shoes, and that' s fine with me
Teeth: umm...I'm not sure what i saw last month, but she is still as toothless as a homeless man
Naps:  Getting better. Usually 2 naps of +/- 1hr each
Sleeps:  7:00pm to 8:00/8:30/occasionally 9:00am
Feeds: 100% G-tube fed
Personality: She is getting more and more vocal every day! Not verbal by any means, but vocal. She squeals, squawks, growls, etc. Still no consonant sounds and no real vowel sounds either. Feeding therapy is still a very slow process but she's starting to accept VERY strong flavors on her tongue (tea grounds, bbq sauce, steak sauce, ketchup, Italian dressing) and will occasionally swallow a tiny piece of cooked rice noodle by accident. She does like the taste of rice milk in her sippy cup, but she's not motivated enough to actually drink it. She's making strides in PT - still not crawling but is so tantalizingly close. She wants to pull up on me ALL the time. She wants to stand by her exersaucer to play. She does not like being put on her hands and knees and, instead of pulling back to get to her booty like she *should* do, she cheats and lays down to roll over instead. =) She is almost always happy and loves to be around people. She schmoozes old ladies at the grocery store and then acts all bashful (which she is NOT.)

Tomorrow is Ruthie's last day of being 0. The last few weeks for me have been very emotional in many ways....I find myself thinking back to this time last year and where we were, what we were doing....how naive we were about what was to happen. A year ago today we entered the hospital for the last time, not knowing we would be meeting our daughter just hours later. A year ago tomorrow was my last day being pregnant. The whole of that time I had been having contractions and never knew. It bother me now to hear people brush off an first-time-expectant mother's concerns about labor/contractions. Please don't ever tell someone "oh, when it's contractions, you'll know." That's not true. If you've never felt one, you have no idea what a contraction feels like. I didn't. I realize now I had been having them off/on for days, but I didn't know that's what it was. Lately I've been finding myself wondering if I HAD known and the dr had noticed, is there anything that could have been done to keep Ruthie baking a little longer? Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know. 

This month has also brought my PTSD to a new level. I have nightmares a few times a week on average, but lately they've been happening more often. So many innocent triggers, I guess. I found Ruthie's journal from the first few weeks and against my better judgement, read it. So many things I had forgotten about, so many times I had written about how the drs warned us we were not out of the woods just yet.

On a happier note, our birthday girl's big party is on Saturday and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone! I'm expecting a decent turnout, even though we've had a lot of last-minute cancellations. Sadly, there won't be the big preemie-baby gathering I was hoping for, but I understand that summer is a busy time for everyone. Hopefully we can have a get-together soon with all the littles.

Check back on Thursday for a special dedication post. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment