It is so hard to believe this day has come. A year ago today we weren't sure it would. This time last year we were getting the chance to see our baby girl for the very first time. All of my memories of that night/day are fuzzy at best and I wish I could say I remember what it felt like to see her for the first time, but....I don't. All I have are pictures that tell me I was indeed there, though I don't remember it.
To Ruthie:
A year ago today, our lives were forever changed by the dramatic early birth of an incredible little girl. You are beautiful, strong, funny, independent, curious, loving, happy, and above all else - healthy. I am so proud of what you overcame and how far you've come. I love you for the things that make you Ruthie - your adorably sneaky little grin, the way you fake cough or growl to get someone's attention, how you laugh every time someone "blesses" you after a sneeze...for your absolute JOY in seeing Mickey Mouse. I love how happy you are to see me in the morning when you get up. I love your sparks of independence and how desperately you want to do things all by yourself. I love how excited you get when Gavin sits next to you and how gently (sometimes) you try to pet him. I love how you light up when you see Daddy's face and always make a quick grab for his glasses that yo know you aren't really supposed to have. I love how smart you are and how quickly you learn new things just by being shown once or twice. I love how you always find a way to do whatever it is you want to do, even if it's not always the most logical way. Little princess, you changed our lives forever for the better and I couldn't imagine life without you. You stole our hearts when you were just minutes old and we are so proud to call you ours.
We love you, Ruthie!!


Such sweet sentiments. Happy first birthday and many happy returns!
ReplyDelete