How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Monday, March 19, 2012

8 month stats

Ruthie's stats:

Chronological Age:  8 months 0 days
Adjusted Age:  4 months 2 weeks
Weight:  11 lbs 5 oz @ GI weight check last Wednesday...probably hasn't changed much
Height:  24 inches even, says GI nurse but I'm not so sure about that...that's a lot for 1 month
Head circumference: 16 inches even- no change from last month
Diapers:  Size 2s - the 1s were getting a little snug on her belly but were still too long, so the 2s are even longer
Onesies: 3 months
Sleep'N'Plays:  3 months
Shoes:  0s finally fit!
Teeth:  none yet but she is desperately working on some!
Naps:  2hr morning nap, 1-2hr early afternoon nap, 45-min late afternoon nap
Sleeps:  7:00/7:30pm to 7:30/8:00am - still the same
Feeds:  99% G-tube fed. Not much interest in bottles or food these days, but we attempt them 1-2x/day. Gagging a lot and seeming to aspirate fluids somewhat. Swallow study scheduled soon.
Personality: She is much more tolerant with strangers now. As long as she can see me and I'm not too far away, she's starting to let others hold her for a little while, but again, it all depends on the day. She's doing a lot better with Daddy, too, and that's very encouraging! She got her g-tube on 2/29/12 and it's been a much easier transition than I thought. It's definitely easier and less stressful than the NG was. She is starting to scoot all over the place - I have to really watch her now. Lay her down and she "butt-bumps" her way across  her playmat until she's right where she wants to be. She's starting to grab at toys more and bring them to her mouth. She's also started babbling (finally!) and squawks at her toys (or me) if they don't do what she thinks is appropriate, hahaha. She can roll belly to back when she feels like it and can roll back to belly if I give her leg a little guidance. She can sign two words now - Momma & more. Of course, the "more" is not in relation to food at all, just fun things that she enjoys and wants more of. I still have to model it for her but no more hand-over-hand modeling. She still LOVES watching Mickey Mouse. Her current favorite song to be sung to is "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes." She is in three therapies currently - OT, PT, & EI. ST will be coming soon. She gets oral motor excercises, sensory brushing, and neck stretches 4-5x daily.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your little girl is adorable! I loved reading this post. I like this little survey a lot and was going to ask if I could borrow it to start doing about my little princess that was born 3 weeks ago at 30 weeks. We're currently in the NICU and will be for awhile. I am going to follow you and can't wait to read more updates soon.

    ReplyDelete