I saw this on a fellow micro's blog and thought it was a wonderful idea (and I wished I'd been doing this all along!)
Ruthie's stats:
Chronological Age: 7 months 1 week
Adjusted Age: 3 months 3 weeks
Weight: 10 lbs 9 oz @ last appt...probably about 10 lbs 11oz by now
Height: 22 inches even
Head circumference: 16 inches even
Diapers: Size 1
Onesies: 0-3 months
Sleep'N'Plays: 3 months
Shoes: 0s are still a little big
Teeth: none yet
Naps: 2hr morning nap, 2hr afternoon nap, occasionally 1hr late afternoon nap if really tired
Sleeps: 7:00/7:30pm to 7:30/8:00am
Feeds: still 99% NG-fed. We attempt PO feeds if she's awake, but after 1-2 sips, she shoves it away and tries to scratch/hit me and has a meltdown if I persist, hahaha
Personality: She is really growing into her personality lately. She has a temper and will throw herself backwards if she gets mad. Often when I reposition her on her Boppy pillow on the floor, she gets mad that I didn't pick her up and throws a mini-tantrum. She's starting to scoot a lot with her feet and can squirm until she's completely off her playmat. She's so much fun to play with - she loves being sung to and talked to. She's still a pretty good sleeper - we just secure her into her reflux wedge with her lovey & paci and she goes right to sleep. I do rock her for a few minutes before bed, just for some extra cuddle time. She's getting VERY into her paci/lovey combination and if you give her one without the other, she feels around for it. She's also very into Momma right now. She has been for several weeks but lately it's Momma & only Momma. She cries when anyone else (even Daddy, sadly) holds her or sometimes even talks to her but it's just a phase that will pass. She's with me 99% of the time, so it's not unexpected.
We are all set for Ruthie's surgery on Wednesday at 9:00. I was told by the nurse that Dr C wants to talk to us for a little while before the procedure, and to expect him to try to talk us out of not doing the Nissen, but he can talk all he wants to - we're deadset against it. Apparently the GI is on board with it as well, and as much as I like her and value her opinion, I still don't think it's the right thing to do at this time. We've gotten so many wonderful suggestions from others' experiences and we have a list we want to exhaust before we even think about doing a Nissen.
Tomorrow we have our first OT appointment with Kidnetics. I've heard wonderful things about them and I wish they did home visits, but they are aware of her quarantine status and are willing to work with us on a lot of things, so I'm grateful for that.
We covet your prayers this week - I'm terrified of her going back on the vent, even for a short time. I don't know if it's more her going on it or my possibly having to see her on it.


Praying, praying, praying!!!
ReplyDeleteJasmine spent 5 years with Kidnetics. The experience was 99% positive, and chances are good the only negative person is long gone. Such a friendly, awesome staff!
ReplyDelete