How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This deserves documentation

I posted some of this on Facebook, but this morning's conversations definitely deserve documentation, moreso because when I have a bad day and feel dumb, I want to remember these two so I can feel like Einstein. Mean? Probably. But you had to be there to see it...it was unbelievable. I honestly never knew people could be so dumb.
The other preemie mom had a beautiful quilt (obviously a quilt and NOT something crocheted/knitted) and the 21 y.o. asks who knitted it for her. The mom replied that someone gave it to her from her registy. The 21 y.o. looks confused and asked, "So you just told somebody you wanted a knitted blanket with her name on it and they got it for you?"

Ummm....where on that blanket did you see her name?

REALLY? Come on, you canNOT be that clueless.

The morning drags on and the 18 y.o. is complaining that her back hurts b/c she's carrying around a 13lb baby all day. I'm betting the problem isn't your baby - it's the 300+lbs of belly fat and giant behind you're carrying along with her. She begs her sister to give her a back massage and says she deserves it b/c she has to watch her (her own, mind you, HER) baby all day long.

SO WHAT? You're the mom. And by the way, 13lbs is a spit in the bucket. Just wait until she's 3 years old and 40lbs and wants you to carry her around.

This baby had a HORRIBLE sounding rasp and was breathing really heavily, and when asked about it (I was gonna keep my kiddo far away from that!) she said she does that all the time and throws up her own phlegm.

Nice.

After ten minutes of listening to the 21 y.o. talk about how she got her last job at Subway by directing the making of her own sandwich, she then asks if anyone knows what they're going to ask her at her job interview this afternoon.

How the heck are we supposed to know?

Somehow the talk (their talk) turned to hospital bill and how they didn't care how much it was b/c they have Medicaid. Well, so do we but I'm not about to advertise it and gloat about it. Then she asks a lot of personal questions of the other mother about why she doesn't have Medicaid and why don't they just give it to everyone?

Geez.

Then she spies our monitor (which, by the way, had been on the floor the entire time we'd been sitting there), looks at it, looks at Ruthie, and says, "What's wrong with your baby?"

:::Bite your tongue, Gina....she wouldn't even understand why if you let loose at her:::

Idiot.

I felt bad for that baby. She clearly had some issues - was 10 months old and not rolling or sitting up or anything. She had a feeding tube and was seriously breathing like an old man with emphysema. Her head kept flopping back and they would cram (literally, cram) the paci into her mouth at every squawk. The sisters kept fighting over her - the aunt wanted to hold her but the mom wouldn't let her unless she (the aunt) gave her a back massage.

It was beyond ridiculous. I've never been so glad to get out of there.
Here's what I posted to Facebook:
Oh my word, what a morning. We shared the waiting room this morning with two of the dumbest people I have ever met....18 & 21 year old sisters. Both were prime examples of people who should not reproduce. The 18-yr-old's baby was being passed back and forth like a sack of potatoes (she probably changed hands 20 times, and not all that gently either). Neither had any etiquette or manners, or least ...of all any maturity. After nearly half an hour of stupid comments like "I want to be an N.I.C.U (she says each letter individually) nurse - do you know what that is?"

Seriously? Everyone in this room is well aware of what that is, and you are the last person on earth I would want taking care of my child. Five minutes later she looks around and asks if anyone knows what kind of questions she will be asked at her job interview later. She asked me three times why my baby was 5 weeks old if she was born in July, after I'd already explained it twice. And she HAS a 10-month-old baby that was 3 months premature - this should be obvious for her. She kept saying "her brain is age 7 months."

So this goes on and on and on for over 30 minutes and I swear they couldn't possibly be any stupider (is that a word?) until this....

The 21-year-old looks over at us and says, "What's wrong with your baby?"

Excuse ME?!?!?

"What's wrong with YOU, you idiot?" She almost got her tail handed to her right then and there. Don't ask me what's wrong with my baby - if you want to know about her monitor and why she needs it, then try to formulate a correct question without being stupid and rude about it and I'll be happy to explain what it is and why she needs it. (She soon said the same thing to the other preemie mother in the waiting room who was a lot more graceful to her than I was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment