So far it's been just like any other first day of any diet....I'm hungry, lol. But I am SUPER excited about this program. My first two weeks will consist of the Pink Reset - just a basic weight-loss diet. For breakfast, I have a smoothie (there are several recipe choices - I chose strawberry today), for lunch - 4oz of light protein (I had a baked pork chop) and as many vegetables as I want, and the same for dinner (I had a baked turkey filet and a HUGE salad with 2T oil&vinegar dressing). I'll follow this for 14 days or until I lose 5-10lbs (for me, it will be 10lbs). There is a chart to follow regarding your height/weight and how long you need to stay on each section and how much you are projected to lose. I will probably stay on it a few days longer since Jay's parents will be here over Christmas and I don't want to be pounding an exercise mat in front of them, hahahahaha. For drinks, I can have water, green tea, herbal tea, or coffee (the latter two I don't care for anyway). No alcohol, which isn't an issue for me, really. No Coke....huge issue. But I've put little notecards up all over the house to remind me when I see them of what my ultimate goal is. Things like "fuel not happiness!," "summertime," "bathing suit," and "black dress." I also have one with my goal pant-size on it, but I'm not disclosing that number at this time. :) Jay helped me take all my measurements this morning and I wrote them in the book for comparison at the end of each stage of PINK (4 stages), along with my current weight. My first goal is to lose 50 lbs by April 1st. I'm tired of having to shop in a plus-size section, where all the clothes are generic and boring and so very unflattering. I'm tired of not having any energy and not wanting to do anything physical, especially in the summertime, when I get so hot. I want to have the body I KNOW I'm capable of having and I'm committed to sticking to this program until I reach my goal.
I may need to keep saying that. :)
Ruthie has had a weird day - really fussy off/on and awake a lot more than she usually is during the day. She's constipated and has been trying so hard to go - she had a small BM around lunch time but not nearly what she needs to have. I'm debating if I should give her a glycerin suppository or just wait it out. This is day 3 and she had been going every day since having been on formula. Her EI therapist comes tomorrow morning - I always look forward to that. She is so nice and is so sweet to Ruthie. We're working on making her use more of her left side - laying on the left, rolling to the left, reaching to the left...you get the idea. She MUCH prefers her right side and while she'll tolerate being on the left, she doesn't want to and won't do it on her own. She's getting better about lifting her head while she's having tummy time on the floor, but she doesn't like it. When we're holding her, she can hold her head up like a champ. She can bat at toys but she prefers to hit people when they're bothering her. :) (Her NICU reputation follows her, lol...how many times did we hear "Oh, that Miller baby hits a lot.")
Guess that's it for now....gotta go give a baby a bath. How she loves her baths.....not.


I just LOVE her cheeks. What a precious baby.
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! I happen to think your little (or not so little, lol) fella is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen!
ReplyDelete