How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Friday, July 15, 2011

23w6d

What a wild 24 hours it's been! We're now waiting to sign the discharge papers to go home, but there has been an emergency in the room across the hall and it's going to be awhile.

The high-risk dr came in this morning to discuss the ultrasound and lab reports. She reiterated several times that Sprout is completely fine and looks so wonderful that she was actually surprised, since I've been having this bleeding for over 4 weeks now. Sprout weighs 1.8 lbs and is measuring 4 days ahead of herself, which is wonderful news! I got two steroid shots while I was here, to help mature her lungs in the event she is born prematurely. The dr said she considers the bleeding to be from a chronic abruption, as she did not see any clots or tears in the placenta - meaning there is just bleeding behind it, where it comes from nobody knows. She said I could just watch it at home and come back if I have any stomach pain or cramping or the contractions start again. The thing I'm most nervous about is trying to tell the difference between contractions or gas pains - they feel exactly the same. I had been feeling what I thought was gas pains for days (weeks?) and who knows how many of those were contractions.

So today we are going home.....the dr did say she will probably see us back here at some point in time....hopefully weeks from now. She said to stay on the bedrest. They are going to start seeing me twice a week now - at the OB office every Monday morning and at the specialists' for an ultrasound every Thursday morning, to monitor Sprout's growth and fluid level.

GROW, Sprout, GROW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment