Anyway, it was a lot of up-and-down and walking around that I haven't done in over a month since the last bleed, and it started to show up again last evening. At 2:30 this morning, I felt that telltale dreaded gush and it was downhill from there - it kept up for several hours until we called the on-call at the clinic (it actually took TWO calls and almost 2 hours to get called back....next time I'll just go to the hospital and they can deal with it later) to see if we should go in. Our choices were go to the OB triage or the clinic and I was NOT going back there to sit for another 3 hours.
We got here around 9 this morning and they got us right in. Everyone was so friendly and positive. They checked for Sprout's heartbeat and it took several minutes to find it (she's turned around) and that is the most terrifying feeling in the world. It never takes more than a second to find it and my heart literally stopped when she kept moving the wand around in silence. But Sprout seems fine and it turns out I've been having contractions. I never knew that's what they were - I've been feeling some off/on for days but I really thought they were gas bubbles. Once it was pointed out to me, I felt every one and they were really uncomfortable. They gave me something to stop the contractions and moved me to the high-risk unit for at least a couple of days.
To be honest, I'm glad we're here and I'm glad they're keeping me. I feel so much safer here in the event something happens. We live about 30 minutes from this hospital and the drive felt like forever when we were so worried. We'll keep you updated.
P.S. - If they EVER wish to catheterize me again, they will have to knock me out first. I've had kidney stone pain and I can tell you there was nothing - NOTHING - like the pain of that catheter. Never again. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment