How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Monday, June 20, 2011

20w2d - We're having a..............

.....GIRL!!!!!


I have been so nervous for this appointment after the happenings of last week. We sat in the office this morning and I couldn't stop shaking. I was so afraid there wasn't going to be a heartbeat (I always am) and it seemed to take FOREVER for them to call us back. They finally called us about 10:30 and we got started - we had the nicest ultrasound tech and I really liked her. She told us everything as she was looking at it - the different parts of the brain (which I was terrified Sprout wouldn't have, for whatever reason), the heart (which I was sure wouldn't work), the kidneys (which I swore wouldn't be there b/c of the blood pressure medicine I took before I knew I was pregnant....see the pattern of my anxiety?), the arms, legs, stomach, bladder, and finally.....the gender.

It was just a matter-of-fact way she said it and brought us both such peace to finally know such a significant part of who this baby is and I felt like I bonded tenfold with her in that moment. She stayed curled up for the majority of the ultrasound - her feet were up around her head and her arms were over her face....hopefully this means she's just shy and not a drama queen (hahaha). The whole session took about 30 minutes and then the doctor came in....same one we had last time. Nice guy, but I just can't figure out his weird humor. He acts all confused and worried but I think that's just how his personality is....I don't know. He looked over the ultrasound and said he couldn't find any reason for the bleeding last week, just said sometimes there is just unexplained bleeding in pregnancy. Tell me about it - this pregnancy has been anything but uneventful.

We have such a list of things to be thankful for today - things that we have been praying for for months.
- no known placental tear/abruption
- cord has moved toward middle of placenta (used to be marginal)
- cervix is closed and loooooooooooong (he actually made a very offhand joke about that...still not sure how I feel about that)
- all her body parts are accounted for and working properly

So, God-willing, we will not see another doctor until July 6th (regular OB) and August 1st (specialist). We got a couple of 3D shots of her face (best we could get due to her being so curled up) - she looks like her daddy. =) =) =) I'll try to post it here and you tell me what you think. It's really hard to see unless you know what you're looking at, but on the right side, part of the placenta is on her face, over her forehead and left eye, but then you can see her face pretty well. Her eyes look dark b/c they are fused closed still.

No comments:

Post a Comment