How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

18w4d

Had a great dr appt this morning! First appt with the new OB and I LOVED the dr - she was so sweet and took her time and answered all my questions w/o making me feel dumb. I was unhappily surprised by some tests they wanted to do (routine but very unexpected for me) but it was quick and hopefully that won't be done again until the end. Ugh.

All my bloodwork for neural tube defects and spina bifida came back great and I am not a carrier for cystic fibrosis. So, so far there is a healthy Sprout growing in there. She did say my lower fibroid has moved up (yay?) so as of right now I may not have to have the c-section. Part of me was disappointed (about the labor, not the fibroid) - I guess I had gotten so accustomed to the idea and was glad it was going to be a "set" day and not just waiting around until something happened. It's still not set in stone though - a lot can happen with the growth of both baby and/or fibroids, and also the cord issue. I got to hear the heartbeat (Jay had stepped out of the room and they couldn't find him in time for the doppler...the main reason he came to the appt :(...) and Sprout was squirming around. I don't he likes to be pushed on - seems like every appt shows him squirming.

Our next appt with the OB will be on July 6th. Until then, we're anxiously awaiting the BIG ultrasound in 11 days. I'll admit I'm very nervous about it - not about the gender, b/c I TRULY do not care if it's a boy or a girl, I really don't, but I'm terrified that something will be wrong. Sprout will be missing something that should be there or vice versa. I took a dangerous blood pressure medicine for 3 weeks before I knew I was pregnant...it can cause serious kidney damage...I took it during a time when everything was coming together....

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment