I have been praying that God would put someone in my life that I could be an advocate for...someone I could talk to about Ruthie's experiences and be an encouragement for them to know they are not alone either. Tonight I got that chance and it felt so wonderful to be able to just talk to someone and answer their questions, cry with them and let them know that while this ride sucks, it will be okay. This baby was born at 28 weeks, so he is already ahead of where Ruthie was when she was born. I was able to tell this mom with 100% honesty that I knew EXACTLY how she felt while she was laying in that hospital bed and I tried to be of some encouragement as I explained equipment, procedures, feelings, and so many other things. I felt like we bonded a little and we exchanged phone numbers and I told her to call me anytime. It's nice to know that even though Ruthie isn't finished with her NICU stay, her miraculous story can be of encouragement to another mother whose little one shouldn't be here either, be it at this point in time or at all. Ruthie was never supposed to be here at all and I want the world to know what my God did in preserving her life, her health, her safety through it all. He is so good.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Reaching out a helping hand
Tonight I was able to "give back" just a little of what so many people have given to me in the last 7 (almost 8!!) weeks. To back up a little, I have been receiving wonderful advice and encouragement from two specific families who have been through (one is still going through) this rollercoaster ride known as the NICU. These are people who have been there for me via text, emails, phone calls, and face-to-face conversations, whether I had a question about something or just needed someone to talk to at 3am when I was worried or scared or any one of the 457 other emotions you go through when your baby is in the NICU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment