How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Friday, February 1, 2013

Words

Ruthie has so enjoyed this chair! It's one of her favorite places to sit and climb and just "be" during the day - I think she likes it so much because it's just her size. :)
 

You can tell in this picture that she's still not feeling 100%, though she is much, much better than this time a week ago! The nebulizer is helping a lot, though she hates it and cries the minute she sees me get out the mask. :(
 She's almost back to her always-on-the-move, crazy, adorable little self.
 Yes, yes, you are seeing correctly....we are now starting THIS!! She is often dry for 3-4 hours at a time and is almost always dry after a nap. For now, we're just sitting on it a couple of times a day, for fun, no pressure at all. I don't think she has any idea of the concept yet, and probably won't until the first accidental tinkle, but until then, it never hurts to try new things!

Today, Ruthie had three new words/phrases, uttered completely of her own accord - no prompting at all! We were playing ball and pushing it back and forth to each other, and she looked at me and said, "push!" There wasn't much "h" to it, but it was still clear what she was saying. (For me, anyway, which is probably true for the majority of her language.)

Secondly, when I started to chase the ball and tell her I was going to get it first, she raced after it, grabbed it, and said, "I do!" ("I do it.")

Thirdly, she has been signing for water a LOT today. She won't drink it on her own, but she will take small sips if I drop it into her mouth with a straw. She signed several times for water and when I asked her if she wanted more, she looked at me and said, "I eat!" I replied, "You want to eat?" And she answered, "Yeah." And she did - a few nibbles of corn chex, but still....!

Clear as day. This girl wows me every.single.day. I am so blessed to be able to spend my days with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment