How old is Ruthie now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Baby #2!

lbdf.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/em3H

Sunday, May 1, 2011

13w1d

I know, I know....I'm a slacker. I'll 'fess up - the majority of the times I sat down to write in this blog were times I was fighting MEGA nausea (and usually had to excuse myself to "relieve" that burden while I was writing) so every time I open this window, the deja vu of nausea comes back. I know that sounds silly but it's true.....some of you will understand that and some of you won't. It happens....a familiar smell or sound or sight brings back a memory of something....this is mine and unfortunately it's not a good memory, lol.

Anyway, we're now 13w1d. Aside from a scary evening last night of a little blood presenting itself, things have been very uneventful (thank you, Lord!) the last couple of weeks. We had our 12 week scan last Monday and Sprout looked great! He (we refer to Sprout as a him, even though we don't know yet what we're having, I swear) was kicking all over the place (did NOT like that doppler pushing on him!) - the heartbeat was 137 and all his limbs are accounted for! The only negative news this time was in finding out his card is considered a "marginal insertion" - meaning that instead of being inserted into the middle of the placenta like it should be, his inserted into the end. We were told there were 3 stages the cord could implant - in the middle
(which is optimal for growth), on the side (means placenta will have to work harder to feed him what he needs and he may be a little smaller), and completely outside the placenta (attached by veins or membranes only). So it could have been worse, and the dr didn't seem too terribly concerned about it...I'm sure my worries will make up for his lack of. He said it can move by 20 weeks as the uterus grows. It may or may not move, but if it does, it will be by 20 weeks or so. If it doesnt, it just makes the last trimester and delivery a little trickier. Please pray that it moves into place for optimal growth. This baby will already be challenged for room to grow due to the fibroids (which have grown also, and added a new one also) and I don't need anything else to worry about.

Which brings me to my next point....I've really been challenged lately to remember there are "no buts" in life. You either trust your faith or you don't. You can't live life by saying "but what if..." and I'm far too good at doing that, especially right now. What if this happens? What if that happens? It's not something I have control over so I HAVE to let it go - "no buts" anymore. It is what it is and I have to let God be in control of it.

So as of right now, we will not see the specialists again until June 20th, when I will be 20w2d. I am supposed to be seeing the regular OB in my 16th week, but as of right now, I do not have one. I was very upset by some things that Greenville OB was doing (blackmailing us for money, along with some other things) and I refuse to go to a dr's office that clearly doesn't care anything about my health or that of my child's - all they care about is their money. I'm a firm believer that actions speak louder than words, and their actions in the last few weeks have spoken very clearly to me that money is the only thing they really care about in the end. I am waiting to hear back from Greer OB, as they are affiliated with Maternal Fetal Medicine (our specialists) and also take Medicaid, both of which are dealbreakers for us...doesn't leave too many OB options but I'm am trusting that this situation will be taken care of. =)

Here he is!!

1 comment:

  1. God is in control! Meemer anticipates a healthy baby that she will be holding soon!

    ReplyDelete